Wedding Dinner
Went for my cousin's wedding dinner at Oriental Hotel.. Now Oriental Hotel is not an easy place to get to because it's smack right in the middle of CBD and many cars go to Suntec City and Marina Square on weekends. I had to squeeze thru so many cars just to get to the place. Those who drive will know that parking in Suntec or Marina Square on weekends is almost impossible because the carpark is always full especially in the evening. Problem is that the hotel's car park is shared with Marina Square itself. That means that those going for the dinner had to "compete" with the rest of the Marina Square shoppers for parking space. How absurd! Priority should be given to us instead to park since we're considered guests of the hotel.
Fortunately I found an "illegal" altho legitimate parking lot that led directly to the staircase of the hotel. I say illegal because there wasn't any parking space allocated to where I parked. However, everyone was doing it, and in my circumstances, where I was going for a wedding dinner and there weren't anymore legal parking space left, it can be considered at least legitimate right..
Anyway the food more than made up for it lah. Really alot of seafood in our dishes from prawns to scallops, abalones, sea cucumber, lobster etc. You know everytime there's a wedding dinner, they'll play some particular music for the very first dish? First they will dim the lights, then some loud funky music will be played and the waiters/waitresses will all come out of the kitchen in grand style holding their own respective dishes. So far for most of the dinners I attended, the music has always been the same. This time, however, the music is different. At least it was a pleasant surprise for me cos I expected the same music.
My cousin: Andy. His Wife: Anthea. How appropriate...
Fortunately I found an "illegal" altho legitimate parking lot that led directly to the staircase of the hotel. I say illegal because there wasn't any parking space allocated to where I parked. However, everyone was doing it, and in my circumstances, where I was going for a wedding dinner and there weren't anymore legal parking space left, it can be considered at least legitimate right..
Anyway the food more than made up for it lah. Really alot of seafood in our dishes from prawns to scallops, abalones, sea cucumber, lobster etc. You know everytime there's a wedding dinner, they'll play some particular music for the very first dish? First they will dim the lights, then some loud funky music will be played and the waiters/waitresses will all come out of the kitchen in grand style holding their own respective dishes. So far for most of the dinners I attended, the music has always been the same. This time, however, the music is different. At least it was a pleasant surprise for me cos I expected the same music.
My cousin: Andy. His Wife: Anthea. How appropriate...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home