Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Shopping

Something is wrong with msn.. I can't sign in!!! Frustrating.. esp when I need to discuss something with someone.

Did quite a bit of shopping today. I bought 5 cans of insect repellant.. for the team going up to Chiang Mai. Although I've never been bitten by mosquitoes everytime I go up in Dec, it's just a precautionary measure. Quite an overkill right? 5 cans of OFF insect repellant. I quote from the can: "Repels mosquitoes, gnats, ticks, biting flies, chiggers (what's this??) and fleas". I certainly hope it works. I remember using this in the army (oops) and it hardly worked at all. Ok maybe for a few minutes and afterwards, the commando mosquitoes start attacking me again. We call them commando because they can bite through our army uniform. The uniform is already so thick and they can still bite through.. Well this can I bought has a "new scent". Perhaps they found the pheromones that mosquitoes hate. Yeah I have not used OFF in a while liao. We used to spray paint the whole can black in order to camouflage it in the jungle. I guess I was pretty desperate to get rid of those mosquitoes.

Got my first pair of soft contact lenses today! I currently own a pair of hard contact lenses. What spurred me to get a pair of soft lenses is because the hard lenses are rather uncomfortable and they get dislodged easily. Very inconvenient because when I play sports, I perspire alot and tend to use my sleeve to wipe the sweat away. Inevitably I'll wipe my eyes too and the tendency for the contact lenses to dislodge gets higher. It happened once, and boy when the hard lenses dislodge, it's very painful and even more painful to get it back into position. In the end, I had to borrow a "sucker" to get the lenses out. Fortunately I had a friend who had it at that time. If not, I wouldn't know what to do. Anyway I got my soft lenses and it's not without its side effects. It's much much more difficult to get the soft lenses onto my eyeball than hard lenses. I spent like almost close to an hour in the optometrist shop trying to fit the lenses onto my eye. Taking the soft lenses out was another tricky part as I had to "pinch" the lenses out of my eye. At the end of the whole episode, both my eyes were red from all the manhandling. The only saving grace is that the soft lenses never dislodge and they feel absolutely comfortable.. it's like not wearing any lenses at all.

When I got home, I continued to wear it.. And watched TV. I decided that I had enough and wanted to get the lenses out. Again I spent another half an hour trying to "pinch" the lenses out. I hope I get used to it. You know, there's a particular way to get the lenses out. Difficult to explain here, but I think everyone's got their own particular way of putting on/removing contact lenses.

Bought a casio digital watch too. And I'm proud to say I made a good bargain. Haha.. The past few days I was walking around looking for this particular casio digital watch so that I can bring to UK with me. At CCK Lot One, they were selling it for $18. I tried bargaining with the girl who was manning the stall but she refused to bring the price down. At Toa Payoh, they were selling for $19. Today when I went to queensway shopping centre, they were selling it for $19. And I managed to bargain until $15!! Think I could have gone lower cos the auntie was quite willing to sell at that price when I quoted her $15. She didn't even try to resist. But oh well.. $15 for a casio watch I think is not bad lah. I just hope it doesnt spoil so quickly. *touchwood*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home