Tuesday, May 23, 2006

In the middle of exams

I'm experiencing the middle of exams syndrome, where the last paper is 9 days away from your second last paper, and you feel absolutely bored because you have so much time to study and all your friends are mugging away. This last paper, LUBS1220 Industry of Economics models closely after 'A' level economics. Actually it's not even 1/8 of it. This module just touches briefly on the main economics theories which I have learned before. Yes I admit that it's been eons since I last touched economics but hey, so far the lectures have been pretty simple to me.

So much for 'A' level economics. Cooking is more fun when you're doing it together with someone. When I first came, most of my meals were pretty elaborate. One rice, one veg, one meat. Until I got pretty fed up with cooking such elaborate meals because it's time consuming. After the easter break, my meals transformed into one rice and one veg+meat dish.. Sometimes it's even fried rice, where rice/veg/meat all in one. Haven't really got a choice though.. eating out in UK is way too expensive.

So for the past 2 weeks, I've got a frequent visitor to my place to cook with me! Eating a meal with a friend is definitely better than eating alone. For one, there's someone to talk to while cooking and that can take up to 2 hours (if the food is elaborate and the presentation of the dishes matter). Two, each can contribute to the flavour of the food by providing ideas and "thought of the moment" kind of thing. Three, we can exchange culinary tips and pointers which each of us has learnt before. And boy did we whip my dishes which we never would really have cooked alone. Elaborate none the less.



Haha.. jealous?