Moving House Ban Jia!!
Elaine and Jiayi were to move to Montague Burton today. Helped them move from Fairbairne House to Montague Burton. They had 4 bags each! That's crazy enough. Anyway we tried to call a cab here in Leeds. I must say that the system here is not as high tech and specific as in Singapore. In Singapore, they give us the taxi's license plate no. Here in Leeds, they just tell you to wait and expect us to have a taxi arrive. However, I was really surprised at the courtesy and friendliness of the taxi driver. We had a london cab because of all the luggage, we couldn't fit into a normal cab. It's my first time sitting in a London cab! The drive was smooth, partly because our destination wasn't far from where we left.
Elaine's new room stinks a little, and Jiayi's room has a nice view. Elaine's common kitchen is totally bare.. While Jiayi's common kitchen is full of utensils. I suspect that Jiayi's neighbours are all Chinese PRCs.. The fridge was well stocked with all kinds of Chinese food and ingredients.
When we were at the reception to check in the rooms, there were these brochures which showed you how to setup the internet connection in the room. There were also these lan cables which were free for us to take so that we could connect them to our laptops. Cool.. NUS hostels don't have that.
Almost slept in lecture today. The lecturer switched off all the lights, leaving only the projector light on for his lecture. The material was quite heavy too. Not really what I expected. This module is called Art and Science of Photography and Imaging. I thought we would do some kind of practical photography, at least gain some life skills here. Hmmm.. not really what I expected.
Today I watched the rest of the Prison Break series... it's really captivating.. After watching every episode, you'll just want to watch the next one..
Elaine's new room stinks a little, and Jiayi's room has a nice view. Elaine's common kitchen is totally bare.. While Jiayi's common kitchen is full of utensils. I suspect that Jiayi's neighbours are all Chinese PRCs.. The fridge was well stocked with all kinds of Chinese food and ingredients.
When we were at the reception to check in the rooms, there were these brochures which showed you how to setup the internet connection in the room. There were also these lan cables which were free for us to take so that we could connect them to our laptops. Cool.. NUS hostels don't have that.
Almost slept in lecture today. The lecturer switched off all the lights, leaving only the projector light on for his lecture. The material was quite heavy too. Not really what I expected. This module is called Art and Science of Photography and Imaging. I thought we would do some kind of practical photography, at least gain some life skills here. Hmmm.. not really what I expected.
Today I watched the rest of the Prison Break series... it's really captivating.. After watching every episode, you'll just want to watch the next one..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home