Clubbing
Wasn't my idea to club, but it's a long story.
Anyway, the initial plan started out innocently with me inviting Jiayi and Elaine to my place for dinner. My place is rather small so could only invite a few at a time. My cooking skills have improved I must say, but still cannot match the locals who can whip up really good dishes.. Today's menu was chicken soup with carrots and tomatoes. Had another dish of fried egg and of course rice was our staple. Had some good comments after the dinner so I guess my cooking skills are still up to standard.
In the middle of our dinner, I received a call from Kay Teck (a guy I met in turbomachinery class). He told me that there's a Singaporean dinner going on at Red Chilli Restaurant just down the road from my place. Apparently he had told me before but I mistook it for something else. At first, I told him that I'm having my own dinner and couldn't join him. But then after our dinner, I realised it was still early and didn't have anything to do, so I called him up and decided to join him. So I met some of the other Singaporeans studying in Leeds as well. After dinner, they decided to go clubbing.. that's when it all started.
Everyone paid 5 pounds for a round of drinks. That included 30 shots and 3 jugs of blue lagoon. I took 2 shots and some blue lagoon. Took a few picture with some of people there.. And we tried to get this chubby guy drunk.. Take a look:

Elaine and Jiayi joined us at this club called Revolution... after that, we tried to sneak into another club called Oceana but they didn't allow us to because they didn't allow people to wear trainers in.. Trainers is the local term for trek shoes.. So we went to this club called Creation.. Took some other photos as well...
Me and Clarise: Quite scandalous

Me and Nicola:

Me and Melissa:

Me and Jiayi: Again..

Me and Elaine: Trying to look sober..

Had a few more shots of liqour and danced a little.. was a little high but not drunk. We left first as we had another liverpool trip the next day waiting for us, so we took a cab back. Seems like the taxis with the "taxi" sign on them were all sleeping cos we couldn't find any at 2am. Those available are only the ones for private hire. We were told that taking those cars with "private hire" on them without actually booking in advanced disqualified us for car insurance. So we looked high and low for the taxis with the "taxi" sign on them and finally found one. It wasn't really costly, we went to Montague Burton first then my place. Cost about 6.80pounds. So divided by 3 is about 2.30 pounds each, which wasn't too bad.
Anyway, the initial plan started out innocently with me inviting Jiayi and Elaine to my place for dinner. My place is rather small so could only invite a few at a time. My cooking skills have improved I must say, but still cannot match the locals who can whip up really good dishes.. Today's menu was chicken soup with carrots and tomatoes. Had another dish of fried egg and of course rice was our staple. Had some good comments after the dinner so I guess my cooking skills are still up to standard.
In the middle of our dinner, I received a call from Kay Teck (a guy I met in turbomachinery class). He told me that there's a Singaporean dinner going on at Red Chilli Restaurant just down the road from my place. Apparently he had told me before but I mistook it for something else. At first, I told him that I'm having my own dinner and couldn't join him. But then after our dinner, I realised it was still early and didn't have anything to do, so I called him up and decided to join him. So I met some of the other Singaporeans studying in Leeds as well. After dinner, they decided to go clubbing.. that's when it all started.
Everyone paid 5 pounds for a round of drinks. That included 30 shots and 3 jugs of blue lagoon. I took 2 shots and some blue lagoon. Took a few picture with some of people there.. And we tried to get this chubby guy drunk.. Take a look:

Elaine and Jiayi joined us at this club called Revolution... after that, we tried to sneak into another club called Oceana but they didn't allow us to because they didn't allow people to wear trainers in.. Trainers is the local term for trek shoes.. So we went to this club called Creation.. Took some other photos as well...
Me and Clarise: Quite scandalous

Me and Nicola:

Me and Melissa:

Me and Jiayi: Again..

Me and Elaine: Trying to look sober..

Had a few more shots of liqour and danced a little.. was a little high but not drunk. We left first as we had another liverpool trip the next day waiting for us, so we took a cab back. Seems like the taxis with the "taxi" sign on them were all sleeping cos we couldn't find any at 2am. Those available are only the ones for private hire. We were told that taking those cars with "private hire" on them without actually booking in advanced disqualified us for car insurance. So we looked high and low for the taxis with the "taxi" sign on them and finally found one. It wasn't really costly, we went to Montague Burton first then my place. Cost about 6.80pounds. So divided by 3 is about 2.30 pounds each, which wasn't too bad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home