Tree Top Walk
Supposed to meet my friend at the macritchie reservoir main entrance at 8am but I woke up at 7.45am. It was quite a long walk from the place where all the students used to gather for cross country meets. The big carpark where tentages used to be and prizes were given out there.. Yeah we took a 5km hike to the tree top walk. Along the way we met up with some friendly joggers and some not so friendly creatures of the jungle. Ok maybe on second thoughts, the creatures were quite friendly lah.

So enroute we met this dangling spider from the tree. Small white one as you can see in the picture below. You know, if you see a spider this small dangling from anywhere, don't make any sudden movements becos it will suck the air and the spider will go nearer and nearer you. Yeah that's what my friend told me.

This is one of the snakes I encountered during the hike to the tree top walk. Actually we kind of veered off another path off where we were supposed to go, because we were curious of where this path led to. So we chanced upon this clearing and I almost stepped on this snake. It slithered off into the bushes but I managed to catch up with it and got some upclose shots.


Anyway we reached the suspension bridge. Not as impressive as I thought it would be though. Didn't feel the effects of simple harmonic motion as I've learned in physics haha.. I didn't even feel any swaying lah.. talk about what oscillation and stuff.

The hike to the tree top was really tiring. Was complaining to my friend how hungry I was. Oh we stopped by a ranger station along the way, and drank the water from the water cooler. Both of us got a little tummy upset and we figured it came from the water.. so if you decide to go there for a drink, just be forewarned.. hahaha

The view from the top is great. Too bad we couldn't go even higher. Would have liked to see more panoramic scenery.

Saw some nice juicy berries along the way too. Don't be fooled, they're not edible.

There was this funny bird which was funny so to speak. Looked like a parrot but it wasn't. Took a picture of it anyway.

On the way down, we spotted another snake. This was a harmless green tree snake lah. So I dared to go closer to take pictures.. haha. This camera is excellent. I could take photos from a distance and yet the resolution is so good. The zoom is really wonderful. Part of the credits go to the snake also, which kept so still posing for photos.


Oh yes, we met this army of ants also. Crawling on a tree branch towards I don't know where. The whole contingent of ants didn't seem to end. Was really impressed with their numbers. Gives me or any faint hearted creature the creeps just observing them though.

Why, we couldn't miss the monkeys if we're in Macritchie right? So here's one of the banana eating creatures.

My trip to the HSBC Tree Top Walk was a rather eventful one. We ended off at the Thomson Road Prata house eating what else but prata. Oh just for the record, the curry they give there is excellent. Thick and spicy to the taste. Much better than the curry you get at the indian stall in Techno Edge.
Note: All pictures courtesy of a Canon Ixus 50. 5 Megapixel with digital quality photos.

So enroute we met this dangling spider from the tree. Small white one as you can see in the picture below. You know, if you see a spider this small dangling from anywhere, don't make any sudden movements becos it will suck the air and the spider will go nearer and nearer you. Yeah that's what my friend told me.

This is one of the snakes I encountered during the hike to the tree top walk. Actually we kind of veered off another path off where we were supposed to go, because we were curious of where this path led to. So we chanced upon this clearing and I almost stepped on this snake. It slithered off into the bushes but I managed to catch up with it and got some upclose shots.


Anyway we reached the suspension bridge. Not as impressive as I thought it would be though. Didn't feel the effects of simple harmonic motion as I've learned in physics haha.. I didn't even feel any swaying lah.. talk about what oscillation and stuff.

The hike to the tree top was really tiring. Was complaining to my friend how hungry I was. Oh we stopped by a ranger station along the way, and drank the water from the water cooler. Both of us got a little tummy upset and we figured it came from the water.. so if you decide to go there for a drink, just be forewarned.. hahaha

The view from the top is great. Too bad we couldn't go even higher. Would have liked to see more panoramic scenery.

Saw some nice juicy berries along the way too. Don't be fooled, they're not edible.

There was this funny bird which was funny so to speak. Looked like a parrot but it wasn't. Took a picture of it anyway.

On the way down, we spotted another snake. This was a harmless green tree snake lah. So I dared to go closer to take pictures.. haha. This camera is excellent. I could take photos from a distance and yet the resolution is so good. The zoom is really wonderful. Part of the credits go to the snake also, which kept so still posing for photos.


Oh yes, we met this army of ants also. Crawling on a tree branch towards I don't know where. The whole contingent of ants didn't seem to end. Was really impressed with their numbers. Gives me or any faint hearted creature the creeps just observing them though.

Why, we couldn't miss the monkeys if we're in Macritchie right? So here's one of the banana eating creatures.

My trip to the HSBC Tree Top Walk was a rather eventful one. We ended off at the Thomson Road Prata house eating what else but prata. Oh just for the record, the curry they give there is excellent. Thick and spicy to the taste. Much better than the curry you get at the indian stall in Techno Edge.
Note: All pictures courtesy of a Canon Ixus 50. 5 Megapixel with digital quality photos.

1 Comments:
babe i like your pics, especially the ones with you in it.
Post a Comment
<< Home