Hurting Ass
I've got an ass problem. It still hurts really bad. I can't ride my bicycle properly and makes me very tired. The ride to and fro work is not exactly a very smooth ride because there are so many slopes. Didn't go for bible study today because I can't even walk properly. It's all the way in Zurich.
Made use of the chilli paste WeeMing gave me yesterday. He also gave me a packet of Myojo instant noodles. Nice guy. Yeah I mixed the chilli with raw minced beef and fried it with a whole other bunch of stuff and this was the result:
My lunch for tomorrow
So that was my dinner today too. Really not bad. Why? Because it's not European food, and I cooked it myself. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't dislike European food, it's just that I don't want to have too much of it. Well the French dinner yesterday was good! Tabao-ing lunch for the next day helps me save money because the meals at the canteen are way too expensive for me. CHF11.50 for a normal meal, thats about S$14.40 and I can't always finish the food because it's just too much, unless I'm really hungry but that's not always the case. Moreover, it doesn't come with a drink, just a soup and salad. So when I eat there I'll usually tabao the salad and eat at home together with dinner.
Having said that, I still eat at the canteen once a week. I want to rest on one of the nights and don't want to miss out on the local food they cook. Cooking food is quite ok here. I have plenty of rice. The only problem is the meat and vegetables, which is about everything. Managed to find a relatively cheaper supermarket compared to the rest of the supermarkets. Apparently it's from Germany, (just like how Carrefour in Singapore comes from France) and the food is produced by the famous brands, just that the packaging is not. Think what goes on is that this supermarket engages these branded companies to supply their food, but do not put the brand on the packaging, so it's less expensive. Of course the suppliers profit from it as well. Just in case you come to Switzerland, here is the general order of decreasing prices. True at time of publication and subject to my perception.
SparMarkt > CoOp > Migros > Denners > Aldi
SparMarkt is kind of a 7-11, just that it's not 24 hours. So it's not entirely fair to call it a supermarket. My friends say that although the price of the food at Aldi is cheaper, the quality is also poorer. Well it makes no difference to me. As long as I don't keep the food for too long, it still tastes the same with some spices and seasoning. The variety is better too! Hmm.. think that last comment came because I'm more willing to spend and buy other stuff because of the cheaper prices.. =P
It comes with abit of planning. Everytime I'm at the supermarket I try to think of what to cook for the week, and whether I'll be visiting the supermarket again so that I don't buy too much. Been trying new things. I used to make ham and bread for breakfast. This week I tried salmon. Next week will either be sardines or tuna with mayonaise.
Ass still hurts.
Made use of the chilli paste WeeMing gave me yesterday. He also gave me a packet of Myojo instant noodles. Nice guy. Yeah I mixed the chilli with raw minced beef and fried it with a whole other bunch of stuff and this was the result:
My lunch for tomorrow

So that was my dinner today too. Really not bad. Why? Because it's not European food, and I cooked it myself. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't dislike European food, it's just that I don't want to have too much of it. Well the French dinner yesterday was good! Tabao-ing lunch for the next day helps me save money because the meals at the canteen are way too expensive for me. CHF11.50 for a normal meal, thats about S$14.40 and I can't always finish the food because it's just too much, unless I'm really hungry but that's not always the case. Moreover, it doesn't come with a drink, just a soup and salad. So when I eat there I'll usually tabao the salad and eat at home together with dinner.
Having said that, I still eat at the canteen once a week. I want to rest on one of the nights and don't want to miss out on the local food they cook. Cooking food is quite ok here. I have plenty of rice. The only problem is the meat and vegetables, which is about everything. Managed to find a relatively cheaper supermarket compared to the rest of the supermarkets. Apparently it's from Germany, (just like how Carrefour in Singapore comes from France) and the food is produced by the famous brands, just that the packaging is not. Think what goes on is that this supermarket engages these branded companies to supply their food, but do not put the brand on the packaging, so it's less expensive. Of course the suppliers profit from it as well. Just in case you come to Switzerland, here is the general order of decreasing prices. True at time of publication and subject to my perception.
SparMarkt > CoOp > Migros > Denners > Aldi
SparMarkt is kind of a 7-11, just that it's not 24 hours. So it's not entirely fair to call it a supermarket. My friends say that although the price of the food at Aldi is cheaper, the quality is also poorer. Well it makes no difference to me. As long as I don't keep the food for too long, it still tastes the same with some spices and seasoning. The variety is better too! Hmm.. think that last comment came because I'm more willing to spend and buy other stuff because of the cheaper prices.. =P
It comes with abit of planning. Everytime I'm at the supermarket I try to think of what to cook for the week, and whether I'll be visiting the supermarket again so that I don't buy too much. Been trying new things. I used to make ham and bread for breakfast. This week I tried salmon. Next week will either be sardines or tuna with mayonaise.
Ass still hurts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home