Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stockhorn / Interlaken

I arrived in Spiez on Friday evening at about 10.30pm. It was a cold rainy day, even colder than Winterthur. I brought a jumper along just in case the next few days would also be rainy and cold.

Woke up on Saturday to bright warm weather. Took a train to Erlenberg, just about 20min away from Spiez and then the cable car up to Stockhorn. The view from Stockhorn is great!

View from Stockhorn


This thing I think was used to divert lightning away from the restaurant just a few meters below. Big and made of metal. Think there's a name for it but I can't remember it now. At least what I learnt in JC didn't go to waste.

Big metal lightning diverter


Another great view from Stockhorn


At the Bergstation Stockhorn


Switzerland's mountains are full of cable cars for the lazy and old or handicapped. I belong to the former group. My companion belonged to the senior citizen group. Well I would quite have preferred to walk up the mountain but I couldn't for 2 reasons. 1 was I didn't have and wasn't wearing trekking/hiking shoes. 2 was even if I had worn, I couldn't possibly leave my companion alone for 4 hours and hike up the mountain.

Halfway up the mountain: The cable cars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home